Depression is a serious mood disorder. It affects how a person feels, thinks and handles their daily activities. The symptoms should last for at least two weeks, for a person to be diagnosed with depression.
Here the 10 easy steps to get rid of this deadly disorder.
- Relax- The first step should be to stay in a relaxing mood. One should take a deep breath and stop panicking. It is important to get rid of negative thoughts that make one think that he or she is depressed.
- Change Cognitive Behavior– The emotional part of the brain starts reacting to the stress chemicals and produce pain. Hence, the sufferer should re-power the thinking part. This can be done with cognitive behavior.
- Think Something Positive- Switching of thoughts is the next important thing to do. The best way to think something else is to choose some thoughts that will not lead to any depressive thoughts.
- Do Some Constructive Activities- Brain always thinks of something which is the dominant act of that moment. Thus, indulge yourself in some constructive activities.
Also Read >> West Nile Fever: Symptoms and Remedies
- Concentrate On What You Are Doing- The problem that commonly arises is losing of concentration. So, it is important to keep choosing the neutral thought again when you lose concentration.
- Aware Of Early Signs Of Depression- Be aware of the early warning of the depression. Choose to step aside when you find one such feeling approaching you.
- Do Some Physical Activity- Indulge your brain in some physical action. Brush your teeth, take a jog and at times smile. Not because you’re happy but to relax your tensed face muscles.
- Motivate Yourself– Look around for some task when you feel paralyzed by depression. Do what you decide to do, not what you feel like doing.
- Use Your Neural Thoughts- Depression kills motivation. Use your neural thoughts and use it as motivation pill.
Also Read >> Want Inspiration for Weight Loss? Read This Article
- Don’t Focus On Feelings– Focus on behaviour not necessarily on feelings.
Decide to do some physical exercise even if you feel it won’t work.