What Is Bulimia Nervosa?
We all have once exercised the act of eating when we feel lonely, bored or stressed. But bulimia a condition where one punishes oneself by fasting or purging and exercising to get rid of calories. Bulimia nervosa is an eating disorder. It is characterized by binge eating and putting efforts to lose weight.
Binge Eating Symptoms-
- Lack Of Control Over Eating – Eating until the point of physical uneasiness and worry.
- Alternating Between Overeating And Fasting – No normal mode of eating. Either eating to the fullest or fasting.
- The Unusual Disappearance Of Food – Empty wrappers in the garbage and hidden junk food.
- The Secrecy About The Intake Of Food – Wanting to eat in privacy. Going to the kitchen to grab food when everybody else is asleep.
Purging symptoms –
Also Read >> 10 Easy Ways To Get Rid Of Depression
- Going To Bathrooms After Meals– Running to the washrooms frequently to throw up after meals.
- Using Of Laxatives- May also take diet pills to curb appetite.
- Excessive Exercising– Work out extensively after eating.
- The smell Of Vomit- The person may smell of vomit and may try to cover up with mouth freshener or perfume.
Also Read >> West Nile Fever: Symptoms and Remedies
The effect of bulimia is dehydration occurring due to purging. Vomiting and intake of laxatives cause a chemical imbalance in the body. One should first admit that he is suffering from bulimia (binge or purge). It may be difficult when kept hidden for a long time. Talking to someone, who will be a good listener, is necessary. Avoiding of being in the company of persons indulging in exercising is important. Stay away from weight loss websites. Take professional help.